Re: Hood airflow

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hood airflow
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 14:09:10 -0500
At 12:45 PM 1/30/2002 EST, you wrote:
>I thought I remembered something on that.  I thought it was discovered that
>the hood scoop would actually exit air from the engine rather than act as an
>intake.   Mark L.

Mark,
        I have a 2 1/2" high hood scoop similar to a small Z28 scoop.  That
is, the opening
is near the windshield.  I originally put it on to clear the tall air
cleaner and to
exhaust the hot air.  Well below 35 mph, hot air exits the scoop at the
windshield.
Faster speed makes this an input, not am output.  First noticed this when I saw
rain drops being sucked in.  A 2" long strip of clear tape confirmed this on
dry days.
I assume the high pressure at the base of the windshield is the cause.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others