Re: Assistance

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Assistance
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 08:41:27 -0800
David,
 I have looked into this as well. I was going to do this as a
do-it -yourself project. I purchased the Midget R&P and the MGB steering
arms at Pick-A-Part. The first problem is the 13" wheels. I have a set of
those somewhat rare Cosmic wheels (ala the Harrington tiger). The MGB
steering arms hit the rim because they are approx. 1/2" longer than stock
(and it takes a feeler gauge to measure the stock clearance). I think 14"
wheels are probably a minimum and even that should be checked. In the end it
appears that I will now use neither rack nor arms as the 13" wheels negate
the MGB arms and that negates using the Midget rack.
 As an economical issue (always an issue for me) there seems to be some
advantage with the MGB arms and the stock Tiger rack. I got my MGB arms at
Pick-A-Part for $3 each! So if you find yourself using 14" (or larger)
wheels and have $6 to spare it offers a good price to improvement ratio.
 Second, I don't mean to dispute Dale's claims or Larry Paulick's "real
world" results, but at least from a "mathmatical" perspective Dr. Larry
Mayfield has different findings. Take a look at his site
http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/mayfco.htm . The info on the ackerman
issue is at the bottom.
Tom Witt B9470101