Re: [head light hims]

To: RockStar30cars@aol.com
Subject: Re: [head light hims]
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:38:01 EST
I'm sure the experts will correct me, but the European
Tigers all had chrome head light rings.  You could order
them from a dealer, but your Tiger was imported with
painted rings.  The non-hooded rings were stock of the
MK II and I believe were originally used on an older
Rootes sedan.  Rootes probably had a bunch left over
and used them up on the dying MK II.  Aerodynamically
the hooded rings create great amounts of air resistance
at high speeds.  That's why the Lemans Tiger didn't
use them.

The biggest improvement in my mind was the addition
of the screw on the bottom of the ring used on MK IA.
I know many owners who have lost rings while on the
road.  One friend had just painted his car silver
and lost a ring on the road.  He never did quite match
the paint.  Others with show paint jobs would remove
their rings when driving.  The screw solved the problem.

Dave Johnson B382002668(under repair)  Aurora, IL