Re: [head light hims]

To: Peter Stanisavljevich <pete_stanisavljevich@coxtarget.com>
Subject: Re: [head light hims]
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:22:49 -0800
Tigers,

My Feb. 65 Mk I had the clip-on rims. One came off at 70 mph on the
freeway. My wife was frantic as I was trying to pull to the center
barrier emergency lane and walk back to find it - in heavy fast traffic.

She talked me out of it, I acquired a replacement, and bought the
necessary later model clips from Sunbeam Specialties. The screw is
stainless, and there is a small fiber retainer to keep it on the rim.

If you have not made this change, I strongly recommend it as the
cheapest and easiest mod you can make, and likely to save one's stupid *ss!

Steve
--
Steve Laifman