wiper motor

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: wiper motor
From: edstiger@snowhill.com
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 07:58:37 +0600
 If you turn the car off with
the blades up, the motor is still getting juice even with
the key out.  <<< Dave I think you are wrong with this statement .The power is
removed
from the wiper motor when the IGN switch is turned off. <<<Make sure that you
have
wired everything according to the book.<< Dave I don't know about your book but
my
original Tiger wiring diagram is F#$%^d up and gives no numbers at the wiper
switch.I
have a corrected drawing if anyone wants one .>>> you must be careful to allow
the
blades to park
> before turning the car off.>>>this is the reason most Sunbeams have scrached
>up
windshields if you forget to turn off the wipers before turning off the IGN,
they
will run to the park position as soon as you turn the IGN back on, right across
that
dry and dirty windshield. I am working on a fix for this problem it is
undergoing
testing at this time. Best Regards Ed
Cool Cat Eddie ,1 S3 GT,3 S4's, 2 S5's, 2 MK1 Tigers
Deep South Rep TE/AE