RE: Do overbored 260's really overheat? Seeking verified

To: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Do overbored 260's really overheat? Seeking verified
From: "Peter Stanisavljevich" <pete_stanisavljevich@coxtarget.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:34:56 -0500
Circa 1979,

Overhauled my Tiger's original 260, and had the machine work done at a shop
experienced in Fords and Tigers. Their 260-289 honcho warned me at the time
that if the block was worn beyond .030" that it couldn't be saved as it would
overheat if bored any higher. He said it would be cheaper to find a good 289
block in that case.

The job came in at .010" over and I was in business.

Peter S.
B9471799