Re: Fake tiger on Hemmings

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fake tiger on Hemmings
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 20:47:19 -0800
I stand corrected in that they do in fact now states:

 "... Having under gone the equivalent of a frame off restoration utilizing
what would appear a rust free Alpine shell in the early 90s. Attention to
detail in the duplication is very evident. ..."

However, it is interesting that the word Tiger appears in red 13 times
(black only for Alpine) and even thought it is stated to be an Alpine frame
(at least as a unibody car can have a frame and that in itself could mislead
the unknowing) the text linking the Alpine to the a Tiger can still be
misleading to anyone who thinks the Tiger is just an Alpine with a Ford V8.
Thus they seem to be "open" about the car in a sense, IF you know what to
look for. As always, BUYER BEWARE.
Even though I was aware of the car it was easy for me to (in my quick
reading of the ad) miss the above statement. Tom Witt B9470101