Re: VIN plate removal

To: <DJoh797014@aol.com>
Subject: Re: VIN plate removal
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 08:57:50 -0500
Dave,
    I didn't exactly walk into the Secretary of State office & tell them I had
removed the plate for restoration. During a previous discussion on this list a
couple of years ago, I was inspired to contact the Sec o state for official
information. I did not supply my name or vehicle information. The guy I talked
to unofficially told me the best thing to do if I already had removed the tag
was to put it back on & keep my mouth shut about it. I have owned the car for
about 25 years & have never had to have a state inspection.
Damn government anyway. Are you Libertarian? ;-)

Doug Leithauser