Re: cost of BON and interiors

To: Tiger News Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cost of BON and interiors
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 12:34:04 -0500
Yes the current cost of a used copy of the Book of Norman is high, and I
say from the relative security of being one of the original $60
purchasers that it's well worth it. I suppose some of the criticism
could be dealt with if a fair amount of Tiger folks would pre subscribe
to maybe a version of a Volume Two in exchange for Norm consenting to
assemble an updated tome.

Things are relative. I tracked an offering of a brochure for the
European Alpine V8 II (light blue car
on cover) and it went for over $ 215 on Ebay. It's just a brochure!

As for the cost of Rick's carpet kit, I think it's worth it as well.
Keep in mind that they only made roughly 7,000 Tigers and that was
thirty -five years ago, and Rick still runs a parts department for us
that rivals what you have at an Acura, BMW, or Ford dealer. Rather than
citing SS for overcharging, this guy is entitled to a commendation for
sticking with it.

Look, if we really wanted inexpensive and easy, this would be the
Miata-Net instead of a Tiger group.