Brakes, fans and tanks

To: "Tiger Post" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brakes, fans and tanks
From: "Cyber Controls" <CyberControls@ij.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 07:20:05 -0500
I've heard about "Fiat" rear brakes often but am not sure what year/model
combo works.  I think I've heard they are from a Fiat 124.  Everytime I'm in
the junkyard there are Fiat 2000s and their predecessor but not the 124.
Does only the 124 work and what parts would I need for the swap?

Also, Tiger Tom had done some studies on a Ford Fairmont engine fan.  I
emailed him to ask what year/engine combo he was using as I believe there
are at least a couple engine combos for the Fairmont and was produced
probably a half dozen years, but never heard back.  Does anyone know what
Fairmont fan will work on the Tiger?  I see Fairmonts in the junkyard every
trip and want to grab one in case I ever want to try it.

Finally, I have 4 spare gas tanks, 3 of which are rusted to the point of
having little holes on one of the 6 sides.  Before I found a solid second
tank I've wondered if I could section two of them together or more likely to
find an artisan who could braze the holes using the same material (bronze?)
that is used to hold the short tube sections to the tank.  What do you guys
think?  Should I toss these three tanks or has someone repaired little rust
holes with success?

Matt
B9472103