Re: tanks

To: CyberControls@ij.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tanks
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 08:46:11 EST
CyberControls@ij.net writes:

<< Before I found a solid second tank I've wondered if I could section two of
them together or more likely to find an artisan who could braze the holes
using the same material (bronze?) >>

Matt,
    Many years ago I found a pinhole in one of my fuel tanks.  I cleaned the
tank including using phosphoric acid (Rustfoil) inside and outside, and took
it to my local exhaust shop to have the hole brazed.  These guys braze and
weld, all day long so they know what they are doing.
    I took the tank home and tested it for leaks by pouring lacquer thinner
in it: the liquid seeped under the new brazing and no matter what they tried,
they could not seal the tank.  Eventually, I ground away all the brass,
filled the tank with water and used a MIG welder.
Jim Leach   Pacific Tiger Club  Seattle