Small problem (I hope)

To: "Tiger List \(E-mail\)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Small problem (I hope)
From: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@cox-internet.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 19:44:18 -0500
For the first time in the 4+ years I've had my Tiger, the hood opens and
closes correctly, and stays closed when I drive (thanks to Steve Laifman's
instructions on the Tigers United site).  I only have one remaining problem
in this area, which I hope is a small one.  When I removed the latch
hardware on the hood, one of the bolts was very difficult to remove.  It
appears the bolt is partly stripped.  (I can blame this on the PO, since
I've never had this apart before.)  I plan on replacing the bolt, but the
other bolt doesn't go into this nut easily either, so I doubt that will fix
the problem.  I tried putting a tap into the nut, without much success.  Is
there any way to replace the nut?  It seems to live in a box that holds it
approximately in place.  Any painless way in?

Jim Pickard
B9473298
Lafayette, LA