Aluminum oil pan clearance

To: Sunbeam Tiger MailList <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Aluminum oil pan clearance
From: John Manly <john_manly@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 17:36:50 -0500
Hello all:

After taking a few years off on my Tiger rebuild, I've finally found the
motivation to get started again.  I went to the Charlotte auto fair last
weekend, and picked up a finned aluminum Cobra oil pan and a steel
scattershield.

The oil pan looks just like a LAT 4 Tiger pan except that it says Cobra.  All
I have to go on is picutures, though, so I can't be sure it will fit (the
engine is out of the car at the moment).  Has anybody put one of these into a
Tiger?  If it doesn't fit, where are the interference points?  I can provide
measurements if necessary.  And finally, is it still possible to get a LAT 4
pan?

I'm going to verify that the scattershield will bolt up to my transmission
this evening.  Assuming so, has anybody put one of these into a Tiger?  I am
wondering if it will clear the firewall.  What other clearance issues do I
need to look out for?

Thanks in advance,
John.