Re: Re: Aluminum oil pan clearance

To: Sunbeam Tiger MailList <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Aluminum oil pan clearance
From: John Manly <john_manly@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 05:48:43 -0500
Hi Ray:

You asked:

> I don't think I can help you with the pan info, but I'm curious as to which
> Tiger (VIN) you own.  I think my brother might have been a previous owners.

My car's body has been replaced with that of an Alpine, so I have no idea what
the original VIN is.  In case anyone is wondering, it's registered as an
Alpine.  I neglected to mention it, but the engine is a 289 (5-bolt of
course).  I mention it now, because I attempted to fit the scattershield
tonight, and it doesn't bolt up to the block.  Presumably it fits a 6-bolt
block.

The oil pan mesures 8.2 inches from the mouting flange to the lowest point on
the sump.  The sump measures 10.5 inches square and is about 0.5 inches back
from the edge of the front mounting flange.  I'm concerned that the sump will
hit the front crossmember.

Anybody need a scattershield for a 6-bolt SB Ford? :)

Regards,
John.