Re: More Fire Extinguisher Queries

To: <SFordRB@aol.com>, <twojohnsons@cox.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More Fire Extinguisher Queries
From: "Ken Mattice" <cat347@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:26:42 -0700
Halon wasn't exactly banned...They made it illegal to "make" any more of the
stuff and in certain applications you can't use it anymore like computer
rooms...But you can easily get your extinguishers filled from existing
stocks...A few people make a living by buying Halon from data centers that
are being relocated or upgraded...They sell it to the small fry like us that
want it in small portable extinguishers.
I still use it and will untill it is gone...
Regards,
Ken Mattice