Re: Curiosity (Non Tiger)

To: tigerv8@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: Curiosity (Non Tiger)
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 23:57:53 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/2002 8:04:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tigerv8@shaw.ca writes:

> What you saw was the new V-Rod which represents the first truly new design
> from H-D in many, many, many (did I say many?) years.  It's really a
> beautiful piece of work, but I believe the jury is still out on how it will
> be received by the traditionalists.  It's nice to see Harley go out on a
> limb and create something new, so I really hope it succeeds.  Apparently,
> it's extremely powerful and REALLY moves (for a cruiser)!

I'm pretty into bikes, although on my way out (anyone interested in a MINT,
4200 original km, RZ500 Yamaha?). Here's the take, so far, on the V-rod.
My Harley friends seem to fall into two camps:
1. It isn't a Harley. It goes fast, handles, and doesn't vibrate, therefore
it is not a Harley. (Of course, these are the same old timers who still
haven't accepted the Evo motor, much less the twin cam).
2. It is the perfect Harley. It is swoopy, not comfortable at speed, chicks
dig it (even though it is impossible to sit on the pillion), and the dealers
will stab you for at least $5000 over sticker...the perfect bike for doctors
and lawyers aka wannabe bikers

IMHO, it is about the coolest from-the-factory cruiser I've ever seen and
represents a quantum leap for Harley.
Mike