Re: Need information: (fwd)

To: ascott@epix.net
Subject: Re: Need information: (fwd)
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:15:47 -0700
> > I would like to know what the RPM's are at 60 mph with the stock 2.88
> > rear on a Tiger is, assuming the 13" rims and standard tires ? What is
> > the height of a standard tire. What tires are being used today to
> > replace the 5.90 x 13"'s originally used ?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >

> > Antoni Scott
> > ascott@epix.net

Antoni,

The original tires were 5.90 x 13 Dunlop RS.5, with a rolling radius of
11.5 in. at 26 psi (23 in. diameter) according to the Rootes Workshop Manual.

Tires as large as 185R13 can be used, with some lower front fender skirt
interference, and potentially some small inner lip grinding on the rear.
these are 24" rolling diameter and give 72 mph and 3000 rpm. 175R13 fit
with no modifications required. (Source, My Tiger and Alpine.)

The source of the stock information is the Rootes Workshop Manual, as
reproduced on the http://www.TigersUnited.com Technical Tips, "Workshop
Manual" section, in the General Data file.

A very handy Excel calculator, and a free Excel reader, if you don't
have the program, are contained in the Technical Tips, "Performance
Tuning" section in an article by Bob Hokanson.

This is a marvellous bit of work that allows you to change your tire
size, rear end ratio, gear box ratios, etc, shift gears, and see the mph
at any rpm. Great tool for examining alternatives.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman