"Click Here!" ?

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Click Here!" ?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:39:18 -0700
Tigers,

I have had a number of requests about "Where is the Forum?", and "Where
is the Search feature?"

I was a little confused, as I had thought that our description of
"clicking on the Hot Link on the black bar at the top of every page"
would have made it clear.

Apparently I was mistaken. So, in a modest effort to clarify the "Key"
to the secret hiding place of our great TIGER FORUM and SEARCH feature
"hot buttons", we have added the words "<- Click Here! ->" in the top
black bar on every page.  Hopefully all is now clear.

I thank those that took the trouble to ask what we were talking about.
It reveals the embarrassing fact that those intimately familiar with
computers and web pages assume too much about the average user,
unfamiliar with web site navigation. We need to be a little clearer in
our instructions.

On the same issue. The underlined Topic Headings , such as "News &
Events" on the left side Navigation Bar (stuff you can click to go
somewhere) there are blue line underscored Topic Headings. These are NOT
hot links. BUT the subjects below them, with the bullets, underscores,
and colored lettering are. The letters change color, on most browsers,
once the page has been seen.

No need, or use, clicking of "Technical Tips" graphic, it is only a
Heading. All the stuff underneath are the hot links to the hopefully
well described pages.  Yes, there is one called "Tech Tips", and it does
link to a directory of hot links. These are of a set of pages with a lot
of subjects. They are even ordered as the Factory Manual, but they are
mostly not.  These are the organized gleanings from the Tiger List
postings that were put together by volunteers. Some have yet to be
organized, some were re-directed to the actual fully released Rootes
Factory Manual (in those cases where we never did get a volunteer to
organize the collection of postings). There is still a lot of value in
those postings, so we leave them.

Any suggestions to make your access to the voluminous content of the
http://www.TigersUnited.com are welcomed. As are volunteers.

As a point of interest, http:www.TigersUnited.com is listed on the first
page, or in the first 10 listings on almost all major search engines,
when searching for Sunbeam Tiger. Try http://www.Google.com (the premier
search engine that many major web sites use). It even has links to all
the other search engines that will find the result of your search on the
competition without even retyping it!!
--
Steve Laifman