Re: WATTS linkage

To: Rich Atherton <aka.gumby@gte.net>
Subject: Re: WATTS linkage
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:02:01 -0700
Richard,

Thanks for the TR-8 rear supension pic. Wasn't me you sent it too,
perhaps Jay. Goodly number of years between us, as he is my son. You
could tell us apart. He can spell.

Looking over the picture, it would be nice to have those rear disc brakes.

(http://users.online.be/~gd31496/images/9.jpg)

Not sure how an Alpine or Tiger would mount the coil springs, or where
the unibody could support either the Watts linkages or the foward
running struts or arms. Have a great deal of structural modifications to
make.  Our unibody has a hard time retaining the chassis panhard rod
mount, or Traction Master weld pad, much less something like this.

Now, it Grand Master Tom (Mod) Hall were to do it, it might be a breakthrough.

Steve (The Elder)
--
Steve Laifman