Re: BON

To: Larry Blackman <lb7777@wcrtc.net>
Subject: Re: BON
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 23:12:26 -0700
Larry Blackman wrote:

> Steve;
> Considering the great job that was done in getting the workshop manual
> entered on the web site. Is there any chance in getting the Book of
> Norman done the same way?
> Larry

Larry,

Thank you, it was indeed a lot of work to reproduce that Manual. Over 1
years worth of effort.

But, as far as your suggestion about TBON is concerned, I am sorry, but
that book, it's contents, and it's presentation represent a lot of work,
sweat, and tears by Norman Miller. It is the product of years of his
effort and belong completely to him.

It is a great creation, and though now rare and costly, this money is
not going to Norman, but to the sellers of his out-of-print effort.

It would not be seemly to even request permission to publish his own
works.  Norman has contributed a great deal of effort towards the Tiger
community, and deserves all the praise and credit possible to bestow.

Norman, if he wanted to, could publish a reissue, an updated version
based on the detailed information he has since collected, or publish it
on his own web site.

I am sorry, but it is out of the question.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman