It's Alive

To: "Tiger News Group List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: It's Alive
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 00:01:35 -0400
Listers,
After much searching for bits and the help of Paul Parretti I was able to
get my Tiger fired. The Lunati 350 Stroker fired on the first try of the key
but I had the wrong wire from the Ballast resistor hooked to the coil so it
would only fire while cranking. 1 minute later I fixed it and it ROARED to
life. The entire neighborhood came to see it fire. It was kind of loud
without the mufflers but it sure sounds "bitchen". It has a very loapy
idle.
Hey did I say that it runs?
The only small things found on the road test (That is another story open
headers and all) is that the oil pressure is low idling at around 30 pounds
but shoots up to 50+ at 2500 RPM. I am just wondering if anyone else has had
any weird oil pressure issues with the factory replacement line as it seems
very soft when it gets hot. This could be decreasing the actual oil pressure
at the gauge.
The next thing is that while out on the drive I thought I would stab the
throttle and pull second gear quick only to find that it would not go in
$*#?. Has anyone else had this problem with a newly redone toploader? Will
it wear in or am I SOL. I am running Mobil 1 80-90 synthetic in the trans
and Chevron 20-50 in the engine.
Hey did I say that it runs?
I may have to pull the pan as the pan was really tough to put back on in the
car and the rear seal on the pan may not be sealing as well as I would like.
Hey did I say that I got it running?

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager