cooling

To: "Tiger News Group List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: cooling
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 14:59:13 -0400
Listers,
It got up to 95 here 2 days ago and driving my car it seems that it heated
up on the freeway to about 220 after 30 minutes at 80 MPH. The oil pressure
was fine but I was wondering if anyone has had any feedback on weird
happenings with the temp gauge in WARM weather. The reason I ask is that
even at this new supposedly high reading the car still did not puke at all.
After shutting it down and letting it soak a bit it fired with no trouble
and dropped to 190 only to climb back up to 210. I still have not mounted a
mechanical gauge and the engine has 130 miles on it. I may be a little over
cautious but my wife says I don't get another motor if I cook this one.
As an aside Jack Rousch has an article in the July Issue of Hot Rod that is
a crate motor he sells called the 347R. Nice motor! Puts out 430 HP with a
flat tappet hydraulic and comes with a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty. Price is
$7500 absolutely complete, $6100 as a long block and $5500 as a short block
as I recall.
Just a thought for anyone who is thinking that what I did was a lot of work.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings