Re: Tiger: Insurance

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger: Insurance
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:19:41 -0500
Malcolm, Chris, and all:

I used to sell personal lines insurance about 10 years ago but, admittedly,
I no longer consider myself an authority on such things.  However, that
being said, I would HIGHLY recommend that you read these policies VERY
CLOSELY when it comes to getting your Tiger on a race track.  Not only that,
but I would also recommend that you speak personally with a representative
of the company about this.  That way you will have both written and verbal
confirmation of what is and isn't covered, ie. race track time.

Guys, I just can't believe that any classic car insurer is going to allow
you to put your car in harm's way on a race track while they're on the hook
for it, unless they're going to charge out the butt for the extra risk.  The
old motto of "If you want to play, you gotta pay" certainly applies here.
There are companies out there that will insure race cars for you, but they
are expensive.  The bottom line here is to make darn sure that you're
getting what you think you're getting, before you are rudely introduced to
Mr. Armco.

Andy Walker
B382001600LRXFE