Re: Stock: 4bbl Cast Iron Manifold?

To: Malcolm McDonald <mac_jr@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Stock: 4bbl Cast Iron Manifold?
From: Craig Wright <cwright@pdghightower.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:02:32 -0700
If you plan to race you car in Vintage racing, each group has their own
requirements. If
you meet the PCS standard that is a good start for being accepted into any
vintage race
group, but each group may have addition  restrictions. For example: HMSA on the
west coast
is very strict about period correct items. This means, no aluminum heads, no
roller cams,
no roller rockers, etc. VARA in SoCal allows roller rockers but no roller cams
and Tigers
can run 302 C.I. engines. Some of the eastern groups allow roller cams. So, you
need to
configure your car for the group with whom you wish to participate.

As to the difference in the pages, I think they are just copied from the
original book
that was published that year. Some cars may have differences from year to year
and others
don't. For instance in 1972 (I think) tire widths started to increase and
therefore wider
tires were then allowed on the older cars.

Craig