RE: Fulcrum pins again

To: <DJoh797014@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Fulcrum pins again
From: "Michael McBeth" <mmcbeth@peacock.ca>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:08:54 -0600
Don't worry, I think I phrased my question poorly. My real question is: what
purpose does the metal sleeve in the bushing serve? The extra thickness of
the pins is accomodated by doing away with the metal sleeve.

Eventually  I hope to fabricate the support set up, but I am a realist. New
stronger pins with new bushings are probably a step up in safety from the 37
year old pins and original bushings I've been abusing.

Hey we're all driving old cars, many with souped up engines: it is an
ongoing failure analysis. Thanks to the list we get the opportunity to learn
from other people's results too!

Thanks for the input,
Michael