Charleston United- October 11-13

To: "Chris Mottram" <c_mottram@yahoo.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Charleston United- October 11-13
From: "Eric Gibeaut" <sunbeams@sc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 22:40:44 -0400
Come on over Chris!  There is a group of Sunbeams coming over from the
Atlanta area and from points West.

We are going to have a good time at the Charleston United! To clarify the
room situation, we have blocked 100 rooms at the hotel-and the special room
rate is good for 3 days prior and 3 days after the United if you want to
stay in Charleston for awhile longer.  This is peak tourist season for
Charleston, SC and almost 50 rooms have been sold for the United so far-so
please make your reservations early.  The hotel is in a beautiful setting-
it overlooks Charleston Harbor and Ft. Sumter and is right beside Patriot's
Point Naval Museum which is the home to the USS Yorktown the famous WWII
aircraft carrier.  This is a United to bring the whole family to as there
will be plenty for everyone to see and do.  From historic Charleston
sightseeing and shopping bus tours, ghost walks, beach cruising,
dinner/harbor cruise, plantation tours, carriage rides, road rally,
autocross, "All Rootes" concours, tech sessions, swap meet, and making new
friends, there will be lots going on!  There will be TAC inspections for
Tiger authentication and we are working on getting a portable dyno on site
as well.  If you would be interested in getting your Tiger TACed and/or
putting your Rootes vehicle on a dyno, please send me a note and let me
know.  There will also be a very special auction of Wally Swift's vast
Sunbeam parts and memorabilia collection as well.
All Rootes vehicles are welcome- push, tow, drive or drag them to
Charleston-we want to see your car!
Hotel and United registration info is available at www.teae.org .  Take a
look at the hotel photos on the website!
If you have any other questions you may reach me at   sunbeams@sc.rr.com
thanks, Eric Gibeaut.