RE: speedo cable

To: "'Chris Thompson'" <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Subject: RE: speedo cable
From: "Harlowe, Graham T" <HarloweGT@navair.navy.mil>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 08:10:13 -0400
Well, while comfortably cruising last night at 120 mph (recall, I said the
speedo was reading high), the gauge emitted a high-pitched squeal and then
died.  Accuracy is now dead-nuts on, but only when I'm stopped.

The odometer had not been operating smoothly either (audible clicks) so I'll
attribute the speedo failure to poor overall condition from years of
inoperation (and not an excessively long new SS cable) until MoMa can check
it out.

- Graham