Windshield trim

To: "List, Alpine" <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Windshield trim
From: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:04:06 -0400
Two years ago I replaced the windshield frame on my Mk 1 Tiger. I used
one of SS's windshield rubber gaskets. When I tried to finish off the
job, I could not get the lower stainless steel trim piece (across the
front) to sit correctly in the gasket, so ended up leaving it off, even
though the other pieces fitted correctly. I thought that the lower piece
had become distorted, or whatever.

I have just installed the windshield frame and windshield on the Series
IV Alpine I have restored (using another SS replacement windshield
gasket). Guess what? Exactly the same problem....the lower stainless
steel trim piece won't fit correctly.

Before I bend or break the trim piece, can anyone offfer advice based on
experience with this problem?

Thanks for any input

John Slade
Manotick, ON