Re: Value of Tiger in the Midwest

To: awtiger@ix.netcom.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Value of Tiger in the Midwest
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:23:38 EDT
In a message dated 9/6/02 12:23:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
awtiger@ix.netcom.com writes:

<<  Folks, a nice Tiger
 is a nice Tiger; it doesn't matter where in the country it is located.  I
 would readily put my Mk1A up against any other Tiger in the country as far
 as quality is concerned.  When put on a level playing field, i.e. equal
 quality of cars, how can someone say that the Midwest car is worth less? >>
 Andy,

I don't believe the issue of quality is being discussed at all. Rather it is
the market value being asked about.  It is clear that what drives market
value is the perceived utility a buyer gets from a purchase via the amount
they have to fork over to get it.  Perceived utility will vary based on
location - it applies to virtually all products.   Look at housing prices -
the same house in New York or San Fran will cost considerably more than a
home in Melborune where I live.  The laws of supply and demand drive the
price.  The quality of  a home has little to do with it.   Same with Tigers.
How many people in an area are clamoring for a Tiger will affect the average
price.  If there are fewer people in a Midwest town that will necessitate a
lower price.  If you go national in a search, the the cost of car transport
enters the equation.

Rob