Re: CAT alternator bracket

To: Kathy and Erich Coiner <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Subject: Re: CAT alternator bracket
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 20:20:18 -0700
Hi Eric:

Thanks to you and to all who replied.  After some 'dithering', I went
with a GM type 1-wire alternator.  Not sure of the Amps, something like
60, I think.  Lots more than I'll probably ever need. It should line up
just like the Ford item, and might need a spacer, which I can cut to
fit.  Hopefully I'll get it installed tomorrow.

With the internally regulated alternators, is it still possible to wire
things so that the "ignition" light goes on when the key is turned and/
or if the alternator quits working?

Regards

David