RE: Race Suspension Setup for Tiger

To: "'Veeseeoso@aol.com'" <Veeseeoso@aol.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Race Suspension Setup for Tiger
From: "Palmer, Robert L." <RPalmer@brobeck.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:47:02 -0700
Henry,

You certainly need to determine why your cat is lifting her left leg in the
turn, which is a sign of too much roll stiffness in the rear. If you had
watched some Porsches going through that same corner, I'll bet you would
have seen most of them lifting their left front wheel, also not good, but a
least in the front it's understeer, not oversteer. Was it a handful to keep
it under control? There are three possibilities I can think of which are: a)
you are using weld-on traction bars which are binding and limit the movement
of the rear suspension, b)you have a rear anti-sway bar that is too stiff,
or c) your rear springs are too stiff. Of course, it could be any
combination of the above. We can cover the more general question after we
address this immediate problem.

Bob

contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of
the original message.
To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to
postmaster@brobeck.com
BROBECK PHLEGER & HARRISON LLP
http://www.brobeck.com