Re: Speedometer gear - got one for 3.07s

To: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: Speedometer gear - got one for 3.07s
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 09:40:08 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@attbi.com>
To: "Tiger List (Tiger List)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 11:11 PM

> Frank
> B9471116 (in need of a speedo cable gear for 3:31 gears)

Frank,

My tiger has either 3.23 or 3.31 gears.  When I bought the car it still had
the 15 tooth factory gear.  Speedo was reading way fast.  I had an 18 tooth
gear in the tool box, (left over from my attempts to get the speedo correct
in a mustang after installing a toploader) This made the speedo read too
slow. I checked it on an odometer check along an interstate.  I purchased
the 17 tooth gear that Sunbeam Specialities sells as a MkII gear.  Now my
speedo is accurate within 2 percent.
I am not sure of the gears I have.  The previous owner said they were
3.23's. I have not seen that ratio for sale just 3.31.  The PO should know
because he owns a jeep/offroad supply store and he used gears for a jeep in
it.

Erich