Re: Chrome trim piece

To: mrose@ou.edu, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chrome trim piece
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 22:30:22 EDT
In a message dated 9/18/02 10:26:31 PM, mrose@ou.edu writes:

<< I have some new plastic fasteners from Rick at SS but I'm not sure how they
work with the chrome pieces. Unfortunately, not all of the original metals
holders have survived, so do I grind the old ones off and use new fasteners
or what? >>

If you  are talking about the long thin side pieces, they are all fastened by
plastic clips.  If there are metal clips, sounds like something the DPO did
to make a field repair.  The holes for the trim should be drilled prior to
paint and final smoothing. It's easy to dimple the panels if you drill holes
after paint. (Don't ask how I know this.)

Rob Kempinski
Melbourne, FL

Rob