Re: Heater Valve Question

To: Steve Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Heater Valve Question
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:55:46 -0600
Sounds like what the DPO of my Tiger did. When I removed that shutoff valve
a couple years ago as part of a cooling system overhaul, it was completely
corroded shut and plugged with green gunge (look that up). My heater control
valve comes from an '81 or '83 Honda Civic - it's installed in more or less
the stock position, with a bracket I welded onto the Ware strut. The next
time I redo the cooling system (maybe this winter) I'll move that valve and
the associated hose so it doesn't cross over the valve cover. Unless you're
really bent on having OEM appearance, you're far better off using a valve
that has a chance of working in the first place.

Theo