Re: Cool "Sunbeam" web site!

To: Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>
Subject: Re: Cool "Sunbeam" web site!
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 14:39:30 -0700
Steve Sage,

Got to come to your defense against Tom's unjustified slander. :-)

First, let's give credit to the miscreant Witt where it is due. That
sure is one ugly looking joint, with really sparse cheap rooms.  Looks
like just the place for the next TigersUnited event you are planning.
Does look better without the snow,  Studio Motel Units with Large open
units with double bed and two divan singles, kitchen, full stove,
bathroom, shower etc., under-floor heating. for $65/night for two is
pretty good, before TU event discount.  Of course, it's a pretty long
drive to Auckland NZ.  Maybe a caravan?

Now what Tom did not give credit for was the use of what appears to be
authentic "Sunbeam" script on the sign of the Lodge, though not in chrome!

For shame, Tom, picking on Steve Sage's next TU event locale.  There is
even a movie theater in driving distance,  And Steve promises it has a
topless beach.  Of course he meant you stow the car top. ;-)

In final defense of Tom's right to his opinion, however, it should be
pointed out that he was ACTUALLY referring to not seeing any "Sunbeans",
which may be a popular local dish, and is a true statement.

The "other" Steve (Laifman)

--

Steve Laifman
Editor