Re: Fuel vapour, non tiger

To: "Palmer, Robert L." <RPalmer@brobeck.com>,
Subject: Re: Fuel vapour, non tiger
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:05:02 -0700
Sorry, if this is a late post on this...Bob, did you really mean 25% fuel
mileage lost by blocking the heat riser? 25%? So if I get 20 mpg and block
he riser I would only get 15 mpg? My sense on blocking the riser is to cool
the manifold which reduces the charge air temp a little bit. Drag guys now
regularly ice down their manifolds to get the densest air charge they can.
They may or may not use a cool can to cool the fuel...all this in an effort
to make more power and not economy of course.