Re: Fuel vapour, non tiger

To: "New Mexico Books" <newmexicobooks@bacavalley.com>,
Subject: Re: Fuel vapour, non tiger
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:11:29 -0700
Aaaahhh, er, no....The intercooler only cools the charge AIR, not fuel. Used
to be in the really olden days that "cool cans" were used at the drags to
cool the fuel. But, you know what? Bulk temperature modulus of gasoline
isn't much so with a temp change, it's density doesn't change much. On EFI
cars, it does not matter much because the pressure may offset the decrease
in density caused by temperature anyhoo. Always remember that the otto cycle
runs better at elevated temperatures and best efficiency is had there. In my
opinion, to obtain best efficiency then must have a really lean burn engine
with AFR around 17 or 18 to 1. Of course, better have some sort of
detonation control or the really lean mixyures will soon cook your pistons,
etc...

This is a good thread...

mayf, the really ignorant desert rat in pahrump and where the hell is Push
anyway...