Tigers United Web Site...

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tigers United Web Site...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:27:42 -0700
Lest you all begin to froth at the mouth at Steve's notion that I am running
a dual blown Tiger to set a speed record, let me set the record straight.
Nope! Here is the true skinny...
I do own a Tiger; have since Jan 1967. B9471136.

It is not the race car. The race car is/was a rust bucket Alpine, 1966. I
saved that car from the crusher. Most of the time I wish I hadn't because it
has been a nightmare to work on. It was wrecked as well as being a rust
bucket. The left front fender was crumpled under, the front valence was
gone, and the rear bumper attachments were ripped out, literally. The frame
ends are gone. I gave the motor to Bill Gullat as well as the tranny . I
gave away the rear end and many other parts taken from the car to local
(Madison, Al) people for use in their cars. I sold the front glass to a man
in Canada and gave him a lot of parts also. I am nearly complete with the
race car. I designed and had Art Morrison in Fyfe, Washington bend and weld
up the race frame. Full race suspension, front and rear. The car is
basically just an Alpine Shell now with race car underneath. The motive
power is Ford 302 that was Worked over by DSS into a 306. This is a blower
motor. I am using 2 Garrett T03 turbos. A water to air intercooler (fab in
work right now). SEFI. AFR heads (someday soon). According to what I have
spec' for the motor, at 15 psi boost it should give me around 650 flywheel
hp. I am using a Performance Automatics AOD. Twin fire botles, one big
parachute.

My goal is to first, have fun. The to exceed the fasted official sanctioned
speed of Sir Henry Segraves run in 1927. 203.792 mph. Hopefully, then I will
have the world's fastest Sunbeam. If that isn't enough I'll turn the car
into a mini streamliner and put the big turbo on and go for 260 or so mph. I
am shooting for summer of 2003. If I get my yard landscaped...sigh...

My web site, that is listed on Steves Tigers United does not seem to work
but you can see some really outdated stuff at

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/

Love to hear from any and all of you...

mayf, the red necked ignorant desert rat in Pahrump