Re: Non tiger - synthetic oil in a new car.

To: Derrick Schmidt <dschmidt@hsc.usc.edu>
Subject: Re: Non tiger - synthetic oil in a new car.
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 20:29:40 -0400
Derrick, this issue is discussed ad infinitum on the Mercedes list.
 They like other cars, now only use Mobil 1 in new cars.

Bottom line, use viscosity recommended by Ford and Mobil 1.  You do not
have to worry about brake in period, as new cars have much better
tolerances in machining now, and this is not a problem.  Also you will
not experience a leak using Mobil 1, as this is a myth.  You will not
void the warranty with Mobil 1.

Benefits are if stop and go driving, no sludge, also better lubrication
than dino.

Larry