Rrrrrrunon

Subject: Rrrrrrunon
From: Steve Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 01:08:34 -0700
Tigers:
My Tiger has fairly recently started to sometimes "run on" when I turn
off the key. In other words, engine running, turn off the ign. key, and
the engine hesitates to shut off for a second or so, then shuts down but
kind of runs for a second or two before stopping. If I idle the car for
10-15 seconds before shutting it down, it's less prone to run on after
shutdown, but still does on occassion. If I pull into the driveway and
immediately turn it off, it tends to run on as described. Interestingly,
this seems to co-incide with the cooler weather now in Los Angeles.

The only two recent changes I've made are retarding the timing a bit so
it doesn't ping under a heavy load, and adjusing the idle circuit screws
on my Holley 4Bbl carb (I set them a bit richer than they were, which
really smoothed out the idle very nicely.

Any ideas on this out there?

Steve Sage
1967 MK1A