More Tiger Fun

Subject: More Tiger Fun
From: Steve Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:00:18 -0700
Here's the latest on my Tiger's "run on". This is less fun. Under slight
acceleration from idle, and also just loafing in 4th at about 1500 RPM a
few minutes ago, it seemed like I occassionally feel a "bump" from the
car.  Worse, it stalled completely while at idle a couple of times this
morning. Worse yet, after stalling this last time, I had trouble getting
it to start. I ran the starter for a while and it wouldn't start. I shut
down the starter, no engine activity, except a few seconds later, POW! a
sizeable backfire out the pipes. I then tried it again, and it did
start. It seemed to idle fine, but I noticed that "bump" while in 4th
(1500RPM approx.) while driving home. This, coupled with the Tiger's
recently developed "run on" problem, has me worried. Any ideas on what
might be going on and what to check?

Thanks.
Steve Sage