fans and shrouds

To: "Tigers" <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: fans and shrouds
From: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:54:19 -0800
Hey,
    We have an ('89?) Taurus fan shroud and a 6-blade fan (probably correct
Maverick, there is a Ford part # on it that I didn't get this afternoon).  I
also have my stock shroud to match.
    Given that rather oblique reference to a modified Taurus shroud in the
Tiger Tom TE/AE article, we thought we'd try to cobble up a cheapo shroud for
my buddy's car.  With enough scrap plastic and epoxy, I suppose it could be
made to work, but that's a definite maybe.  What probably wouldn't work is the
6-blade in that shroud.  It's hard to tell since we haven't taken the stock
radiator or the 6-blade out of his car yet, and there is the rack clearance
scallop that was taken out of the blade ends to consider, which might help.
But by measurement, the shroud is simply too small by about 1/4".
    My question is:  the stock shroud measures only marginally bigger than the
Taurus and yet for all the discussion of rack clearance with the blades of the
6-blade, noone has said anything about 6-blade clearance with the stock
shroud.  Is this an issue?
    Also, does anyone have any more information on what they did to make the
Taurus shroud fit?  Thanks!

                                   Chris Hill