RE: fans and shrouds

To: <Pirouette@uisreno.com>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: fans and shrouds
From: "Fisher, Curtis" <Curtis.Fisher@trw.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:11:14 -0800
I investigated the Taurus shroud and fan with cooling my new 5.0.  It used the
Taurus shroud and electric fan motor (I still have it).  I decided not to go
with it for a couple reasons.   It cleared the necessary parts but it gave me
only one option.  I currently had a good electric fan on the front of the
radiator which worked very well to cool off if I was above 205. With the engine
driven fan I had no cooling problem. I was experimenting with several different
electric fans and configurations (puller, pusher, shrouds). Using the Taurus
fan eliminated the engine fan and left me no back up.  I used an electric only
for a while on the front of the radiator but the temperatures were all over the
place (190-220) and unless I was moving I had to use the electric continuously.
 It NEVER overheated but I was very uncomfortable watching the needle
constantly.  I eventually went to a engine fan and stock shroud and electric on
the front.  I have a two pass radiator, reverser rotation fan
with driver side waterput inlet so its not stock (just ask me :)
Curtis