needed: restored early convex rear view mirror

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: needed: restored early convex rear view mirror
From: "Stephen Waybright" <gswaybright@txucom.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:21:39 -0600
I have one part still missing from my fully restored Tiger (hopefully
shipping back to Texas from Dale Akuszewski's restoration shop this week)...
the rear view mirror. Does anyone have a concours quality mirror as used in
early Tigers & Alpine (small convex mirror) they'd part with, or advice on
how to restore one from my Alpine parts car? How to disassemble to rechrome
the stem? How to restore the mirror glass itself?

Stephen Waybright