Common Sense vs ?

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Common Sense vs ?
From: Shaun Laughy <tigerv8@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 09:44:34 -0800
It's not very often you find a group of expert volunteers who will help
ensure that you are getting what you think you are (or that you got what you
thought you did).  Many people with other vehicles (or many other articles,
for that matter) will, and do, pay a lot of money for this type of service.
We pay, in my opinion, almost nothing, and I think that we should appreciate
the time and effort that these people put in to help us.  Also, in my
opinion, I think that the people maintaining this program have really gone
out of their way to ensure its integrity through the use of several
safeguards and quality control mechanisms.  On top of that, even though the
program was primarily designed by one club, they have made it generally
available, not even requiring membership to the original club!

If you bought your Tiger in 65-68, and you know it's a real Tiger, great!
Drive it and enjoy it!  For those of us who didn't, most will appreciate
being able to get some reassurance that we are making, or have made, an
accurate choice.  If, one day, you find that you have the last un-TAC'd
Tiger on the planet, and everyone suspects the 50+ years of photo's,
paraphanelia, and maintenance logs that you show them to be an out-and-out
fraud, I bet the TAC people will still be willing to have a look at your car
and confirm that it is just what you say it is.  After all, it is a real
Tiger, right?

For the record, my Tiger is not TAC'd (yet).

Shaun