[Fwd: Re: TAC Rationale, my Personal Evaluation]

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: TAC Rationale, my Personal Evaluation]
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 13:25:31 -0800
mayf,

Yes, in the normal commercial world such activities could be conducted
near the time of sale. Especially if the expertise is quickly available.
The exception to this rule is the scarcity of the qualified resources.
 Having had to wait over two years for my own certificate opportunity,
while being in the largest concentration of Tigers in the world, speaks
volumes for advance planning.  No, I have no intention of selling, and
saw plenty of reason to support my own club's activities.

As for additional rationale for doing it as early as you can, even for
those not intending a sale, include evaluating an estate, supporting
insurance evaluations for a Agreed Value insurance policy (in the event
of a total loss), and avoiding a lengthy wait that may exceed years,
cautions for advance planning.  The TAC, once done, does not need to be
updated. The mechanical condition is always current with a sale. One is
completely separate from the other, just as in the art world.

As to my rationale, it is just as you described. There was just too MUCH
troubled waters over apparent misunderstanding of peoples motivations,
and I detected a bit of fear mongering, and even groundless anger -
which is unsuitable for volunteer efforts. The TAC people, you will
notice, do NOT take part in these go-arounds.  So, I thought some
reasonable, non controversial rationale oil should be poured on the
choppy waves.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman