Steering wheel

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering wheel
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:12:16 -0800
Hmm, interesting.  When I re-finished my Alpine GT steering wheel, I
noticed that the finish stripper I used turned the black insert material
into goo.  While it's possible that the black insert material had been
replaced sometime in the past, I got the impression (based on the
darkness of the varnish and the splits in the wood) that everything on
the wheel was original.  Perhaps the insert material in the GT steering
wheels was different than the Tiger, but I got the impression that that
was not the case.

The insert material on my wheel seemed similar to the black plastic (not
the bakelite) that was used on the standard steering wheel, in that they
both turn gooey when encountering varnish stripper.

Puzzling.

Regards

David Sosna