Re: ford bashing . . . .

To: DavidAdin@mercydurango.org
Subject: Re: ford bashing . . . .
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 08:59:45 -0800
A few random observations, David,

DavidAdin@mercydurango.org wrote:

>FORD: Up to 10 cup holders and five power points.
>TRANSLATION: Just you try to drink that much coffee. We don't know what
>power points are, either, but some junior ad writer came up with the phrase
>and we kept it because we thought it sounded impressive.

QUESTION:

Have they even thought to make provisions for what to do with those 10
cups of coffee, after they have been "processed"?

>FORD: Large payload capacity--up to one ton.
>TRANSLATION: And it holds nine people, so each of them can weigh up to 225
>pounds. Or, five mothers-in-law at 400 pounds each. It's your call.

QUESTION:

All that hyped size and room, and the best it can do is carry one Tiger
inside, and tow another? Hardly seems worth owning.

>FORD: SecuriLockTM passive anti-theft system helps deter would-be thieves.
>TRANSLATION: It took Vinny 300 percent longer to break in and drive
>off-nearly two full minutes!

THOUGHT:

Good. That means you may still get out of owning this tank with your
insurance payment when it is "Gone in 120 Seconds".  The Police Chiefs
will love them in Tiajuana.

>FORD: More fuel efficient--with more passenger and cargo carrying
>capacity--than two average full-size sedans capable of transporting
>equivalent loads.
>TRANSLATION: Please try not to think how much gas you're wasting when you
>take the Excursion to go get a gallon of milk.

THOUGHT:

Another secret weapon of mass destruction from Saddam, a direct frontal
assault on our economy through the petrol scam.

REMORSE:

Well, I'm in for it now from the 5' 2" soccer moms who take two parking
places on either side of my Tiger, and park 2 inches from my door. :-(

(see - Tiger content!!!! :-) )

--

Steve Laifman
Editor