Fwd: Tying the Tiger ""worlds fastest tiger""

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Tying the Tiger ""worlds fastest tiger""
From: BAYER77@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:18:19 EST
From: BAYER77@aol.com
Full-name: BAYER77
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:06:37 EST
Subject: Re: Tying the Tiger ""worlds fastest tiger""
To: drmayf@teknett.com

I was just wondering, worlds fastest tiger??
       Would this be just a saying? Or is there records for the statement and
if so what category are you claming this, 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, 0 to 60, top
speed, stock or modified, street tires or slicks, Auto cross ???
       I cant comment on today because with the tech advancements there are
some pretty quick cats on the street and track but back in the day 70's &
80's I think my father's tiger could hold claim to that both on the strip and
Auto cross track's across New England and yes we do have the records to and
slips to prove it.
       She has been resting for quite a few years in garage but IM sure in
the near future we will putting her back on the prowl
       At the moment I have been torn between my to alpines one S4 automatic
and the other SV with 66K orig. miles. After much lost sleep I have decided
to pull the motor and tranny out of the SV and fit it with a rotary, 5spd
along with the rear independent suspension and disc braking system. No IM not
getting rid of any of the orig. parts. I plan on keeping good records of the
project and post pics on my web page which I haven't set up yet.