Re: Stop Light Blues

To: Randall Antosiak <randya@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Stop Light Blues
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:06:09 -0800
Randall & Steve,

If you are going the mechanical switch route, the early Mustang (and
probably all Ford products of the era) used simple brackets and a
mechanical switch that was normally closed.  When the brake pedal was up
the pedal LEVER, not the pedal, kept the switch lever in the
"compressed", or OFF position. Depressing the pedal moved the attached
arm away from the switch, which then closed the circuit to the lights.
The amount of pedal travel to do this was adjustable.  Worked quite well
for 30 years, and they are still available at the Ford and Classic
Mustang supply houses (some of which are linked in Online Resources in
TigersUnited.com.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman